Thursday, October 04, 2007

Some good sandwiches that are no longer with us

I used to eat turkey meatloaf sandwiches at Specialtys all the time, and they were awesome. For various reasons, I stopped eating lunch at Specialtys, but I kept meaning to go back and eat the turkey meatloaf sandwich. I finally had the chance recently, and I discovered that they no longer made it! It was quite a disappointment.

Now this wasn't the first time that a good sandwich has disappeared from the menus of Bay Area shops. It was at least the third time which calling to mind the famous Goldfinger quote means it is enemy action. But who would do such a thing?
In case it helps you, the other two times were the cuban sandwich at Bi-Rite and the Vietnamese sandwiches at Yucatasia. I miss them too.

No comments: